Congratulations! You have decided to save thousands on broker fees and commissions. But don't be fooled, selling your own home is not an easy process. Many FSBO seller's eventually end up hiring a real estate agent, mainly because of the lack of resources and exposure. This is where OK By Owner comes in. Our site is dedicated to helping sellers throughout the process. We will be adding a comprehensive list of strategic measures to help sell your home, along with forms, valuable links to quality businesses around the state and many features on the site that will help sell your home.
Home Selling Checklist
- Make sure the outside of the home is neat and clean. Grass should be well groomed and free of grass clippings. The roof and gutters should be free of debris, bushes and flower beds should be pruned and trimmed. The house exterior is the FIRST thing the potential buyer will see, you want to make a good first impression.
- The inside should be well cleaned. All countertops and tables should be free of clutter. You may need to rent a small storage room to store things that you don't need!
TIPS & TRICKS!!!
- Photos - Your online listing should have plenty of photos. One photo may be enough to entice a potential buyer to look at the home, but research shows that those buyers that are shopping for homes online prefer more photos (4 - 5 minimum).
- Yard Signs - A yard sign with your contact information is a great marketing tool. Passerbys will know your home is for sale and can call you at their convenience to get details. It also helps potential buyers find you!
- Flyers / Information Sheets - Flyers and informational sheets will give plenty of information to those interested in your home and it is always right there for them to look over.
- Virtual Tours - A virtual tour is an animated tour of your home, which can offer a 360 degree tour of multiple rooms. That's right, with a 360 degree virtual tour it will be like the viewer is right there in the home!
To see our packages, click here